Snail Mail (vol 1)

Hi Lovies,
  Ever since I was a lot younger I've found the idea of a penpal to be fascinating. Not only is getting things in the mail one of the most exciting things ever, but you get to really get to know someone you'd otherwise never ever meet. Connecting with people is something I absolutely love and was what pushed me to find a penpal.
  Allison and I have been writing back and forth now just since October. Above is the first letter I sent to her. I wrote a lot about myself, asked a lot of questions, and really tried to portray myself fully. I also included two notecards with basic info about me, and sent a black one for her to fill out. I also enclosed a bag of my favorite tea for her to try :) I think it is great to enclose a few unconventional things along with your letter that allow the person to connect with you in other ways. Here are some ideas of what to include:

  • Photos of you and your friends, favorite places in you city, etc... (I got some pics like this from Allie and absolutely adore them, they are so fun to look at and a must to include at one time or another.)
  • Post card from your state
  • Samples of your artwork, writing, etc... (this is another incredible thing I received from Allison, it's one thing to know about someone's hobbies but its another to actually experience them.)
  • Small jewelry items
  • Sticker sheets
  • Individually wrapped pieces of your fav candy
  • Playlists
  • Craft items (printed paper, washi tape samples, small amounts of ribbon/string, etc...)

   It has been so so great getting to know Alli and I encourage anyone out there interested in having a penpal to make that leap and find one. You can visit this --> http://penship.tumblr.com/ tumblr site to find other people that want to connect via snail mail. If you're interested this is Allison's tumblr :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts:

 

Twitter Updates

EMAIL: afm.morris@gmail.com
TWITTER: @alliem007
INSTA: @alliemorris007





All images and content on this blog are property of the author unless otherwise noted

Meet The Author

AGE: 16
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN USSA
OCCUPATION: high school student, restaurant worker
PASSIONS: black coffee, art, graphic design, yoga, photography, fashion, tea with honey, shopping, documentaries, social networking, restaurant hopping, open windows, writing, used books