Planes, Pains, and Automobiles








Sometimes in life you get completely screwed over. This lovely bit of reality was made apparent to me mid month during a trip to Ontario, Canada. The plan was to hop on a plane, fly into Toronto on thursday and visit the U there, shop around etc... Next morning all five of us (My mom, me, friend, cousin (who's my age and BFF), and aunt) would hop in the rental car and drive to Kingston to visit the U of Queens, spend the day on campus and grab a hotel in town. Saturday we'd drive back to Toronto, visit the University of Guelph spend the day in the city and kick it in the hotel, then fly back the next morning. That was the plan. Apparently for us following the plan would be way too predictable so this is what happened instead:

  • We miss our flight to Toronto (the airline misinformed us and we waited in line for an hour at the United Airlines counter. Apparently we were flying Air Canada and by the time we were informed of this they had left the counter. Awesome.)
  • Because I had had a sinus infection when we left, all of the congestion in my plugged up head went straight to my ears due to air pressure. I was panicking on the plane because I was convinced that I was never going to be able to listen to music again and promptly burst into tears. The businessmen in the seats surrounding mine found this to be quite entertaining. 
  • We missed our campus tour and I went to sleep at 8:30 because I was still had the plague. 
  • After a lovely day in Kingston my mom gets sick in the parking lot at dinner. (The cafe we ate at for lunch and thought was so cute was actually kind of rank).
  • We end up having to book another hotel room so my mom can vomit in private ($$$$$$).
  • The next morning on the drive back my mom thinks she's feeling better (wahoo!). But now my aunt is feeling nauseous and has a migraine (oy vey).
  • We get lost in downtown Toronto and cant find the University.
  • My mom has to stop the car and runs to a random driveway because, surprise!, shes still sick and proceeds to vomit into a bag. The owner of the house pulls into this driveway (driving a BMW no less) and gives my poor mother the stank eye. Nice one, buddy.
  • We call off the tour, my mom is hurling in the backseat, we are very low on gas and still lost in the city.
  • Once we finally get home I'm still feeling horrid so I make a trip to Urgent Care. I'm backing my car out and scuff the drivers side door on the garage entrance. 
  • I sit on my front porch, still a snuffly mess, and cry.

I don't know what I did in a past life to have such bad karma but it must have been pretty horrid. Especially considering this trip was just the start of a very long series of mishaps. I missed six days of school because of this deathly virus (I still can't hear out of my right ear very well). Afterwards, because of all the days I missed I got taken off one of my shifts at work (i still need to pay for gas and look fashionable. my budget cried when this happened). Today was the real kicker though, I rear ended another car on my way to school. It was 1000% my fault and my life is spiraling out of control. So that is all. October needs to end and I need to get my shit together.

I hope everyone else has had a lovely fall so far. You better have otherwise I'm going to request that we all get a do over. Fingers crossed that November brings about a relief of stress and peace to us all.
Xx Allie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts:

 

Twitter Updates

EMAIL: afm.morris@gmail.com
TWITTER: @alliem007
INSTA: @alliemorris007





All images and content on this blog are property of the author unless otherwise noted

Meet The Author

AGE: 16
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN USSA
OCCUPATION: high school student, restaurant worker
PASSIONS: black coffee, art, graphic design, yoga, photography, fashion, tea with honey, shopping, documentaries, social networking, restaurant hopping, open windows, writing, used books