Realizations re: Routine

Taken from The Hyatt Place, Chicago River North hotel, included complimentary coffee and complimentary views (8/30/14)

        Chicago is a city of dreams. It's freedom, its escape, its change, and its only an 8 hour drive away. Those 8 hours though take you to a whole new life. One that isn't school and waking up at six am, work, exhaustion, dehydration, routine. Coming home after a long weekend in that magical city made me realize how much I despise routine. I don't think I'll ever be able to settle down. Chicago was change and excitement. It was urban and fast paced. Everything was interesting, from the strangers on the street to the stories spray painted on the bricks. Coming back home, that long 8 hour drive back to routine induced some major claustrophobia. Even now, a month after coming back from the trip that made my summer, I'm finding it hard to adjust. I want to go out into the world and experience it for myself, not read about it in biased, outdated textbooks. I want immersion, but right now I'm barely scratching the surface.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts:

 

Twitter Updates

EMAIL: afm.morris@gmail.com
TWITTER: @alliem007
INSTA: @alliemorris007





All images and content on this blog are property of the author unless otherwise noted

Meet The Author

AGE: 16
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN USSA
OCCUPATION: high school student, restaurant worker
PASSIONS: black coffee, art, graphic design, yoga, photography, fashion, tea with honey, shopping, documentaries, social networking, restaurant hopping, open windows, writing, used books